JOB HAS BEEN FILLED COURTESY OF BICYCLING TRADE
Product Manager Parts & Accessories
Would you like to be the brand driver for a successful growing bike business?
- Be the brand driver for a proprietary brand
- Use your extensive bicycle industry knowledge
- Great team culture and work environment
This is a great opportunity to join Sheppard Cycles, a market leader in the Australian and New Zealand bicycle industries. In these markets Sheppard’s represents many leading brands including Avanti, Scott, Malvern Star, Giro, Tacx, Park Tool and Cateye.
As the Product Manager P&A you will report to the Head of Product Management and will work closely with our retailers. You will be responsible for the development of the leading proprietary accessory brand for Sheppard’s. You will develop the P&A product portfolio for the Australian market to support the retail marketing and distribution strategy, as well as working with the sales team on developing and implementing, sales promotions and forecasting.
As the Product Manager P&A you will also be responsible for:
- Sourcing new product and maintaining a relevant and attractive product range that is aligned with current market trends and consumer demands.
- Meeting with suppliers at tradeshows and international sales meetings to ensure vendor relationships are strong and alliances are being built with various suppliers.
- Achieving monthly budgeted/forecasted sales and margin for P&A
- Managing the relationship with our largest bike accounts acting as their go to person for product support when required.
- Engaging with Account Managers to execute merchandising improvement projects to enhance brand presence and sell-through.
- Attending events with dealers to grow brand exposure e.g. consumer ride days / demo days.
- Developing and implementing a brand sales plan and strategy for the Australian market.
- Stock management - reviewing excess / tail stock on a monthly basis to ensure sales plans/initiatives are in place for sell-through.
As the Product Manager P&A your skills are diverse, you are an exceptional communicator, negotiator and have a passion for providing exceptional customer satisfaction. You are a team player who is focused on delivering results and you will be a key interface between the business and its customers. You have strong product development and brand management skills from your time working in the bicycle industry. You will also have significant sales experience in the consumer goods environment. You will be degree qualified in a in a related discipline.
This is your opportunity to join a great team, so if you have a passion for brand, product and the customer you should apply for this role by emailing your resume to Mariannes@sheppardcycles.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to apply for this role.